The General Meeting is the supreme management body of TATNEFT and operates in accordance with the regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation, the Charter, and internal documents of the Company.
Overall management of the Company is delegated by the General Shareholders’ Meeting to the Board of Directors.
The procedures for preparing, convening, conducting, and summing up the results of the General Shareholders’ Meeting is determined by the Regulation on the General Shareholders’ Meeting of TATNEFT.
The Company holds the annual General Shareholders’ Meeting once a year, not earlier than two and no later than six months after the end of the fiscal year. In addition to the General Shareholders’ Meeting, extraordinary meetings of shareholders may be convened. The Company provides shareholders with information regarding the agenda. The amount of information and the time of provision are selected so that they are able make create their reasonable judgement on the issues to be considered as well as to decide whether to participate in the meeting and how exactly are they will be participating in it.
The annual General Meeting necessarily considers the of issues of electing members of the Board of Directors and the Audit Commission, approval of the auditor, approval of the annual report, annual financial statements; distribution of profits, including payment (declaration) of dividends, and losses based on the results of the reporting year; and approval of internal documents regulating the proceedings of the bodies of the Company.
Shareholders make decisions regarding the most important issues regrading business of the Company. The complete list matters, decided by the General Meeting is made subject to requirements of the Federal Law «On Joint-Stock Companies.» (No. 208- FZ), December 26, 1995.
Each shareholder is entitled to participate in the meeting in person or by proxy. Board of Directors and executive bodies of the Company present at the General Shareholders’ Meeting, detailed and true report on the corporate strategy and operations of the Company. The Board of Directors also prepares for shareholders reports on each item of the agenda reflecting its position and any special opinions of the members of the Board of Directors, if any.
When electing the Board of Directors, the Company provides shareholders with detailed information on the biography, background, and skills of each candidate and also seeks to ensure the presence of all candidates in person at the General Shareholders’ Meeting.
Resolutions on the agenda of the General Shareholders’ Meeting shall be made by ballot voting in accordance with the procedure prescribed by current legislation and the Company’s Charter. When formulating the resolutions of the meeting, type of majority by which the resolution was taken must always be indicated and any special opinion must also be taken on record. The Minutes of the General Meeting shall be signed by the Chairman and the Secretary of the meeting.
During the preparation and holding of the General meeting, the shareholders of the Company are entitled to receive information about the meeting and materials pertaining to it in without any obstructions or delays, to ask questions to the Executive bodies and members of the Board of Directors, and to freely communicate with each other.
GENERAL SHAREHOLDERS’ MEETINGS HELD IN 2017
Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting on June 23, 2017
RESOLUTIONS ADOPTED BY THE ANNUAL GENERAL SHAREHOLDERS’ MEETING
- To approve the Company’s annual report for 2016.
- To approve the annual accounting (financial) statements for 2016.
- To approve the distribution of profits (including the payment of dividends on shares) based on the fiscal year performance.
To pay dividends for 2016:
а) For preferred shares of TATNEFT in the amount of 2,281% of the nominal value of the share
б) For ordinary shares of TATNEFT in the amount of 2,281% of the nominal value of the share.
To set July 7, 2017, as the date on which the persons entitled to receive dividends are determined. Dividends shall be paid in cash.
- To elect the Board of Directors of TATNEFT.
- To elect the members of the Audit Commission of the Company.
- To approve JSC PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit (JSC PwC Audit) as the auditor of TATNEFT for the mandatory audit of the annual financial statements for 2017 prepared in accordance with Russian and international accounting standards for one year.
- To approve the new version of the Charter of the Public Joint-Stock Company TATNEFT.
- To approve the new version of the «Regulations on the General Shareholders’ Meeting of TATNEFT».
- To approve the new version of the «Regulations on the Board of Directors of TATNEFT».
- To approve the new version of the «Regulations on the General Director of TATNEFT».
- To approve the new version of the «Regulation on the Management Board of TATNEFT».
Extraordinary General Shareholders’ Meeting (in the form of absentee voting) December 12, 2017
Resolutions adopted by the extraordinary general shareholders’ meeting:
To pay dividends for the first 9 months of 2017:
- For preferred shares of TATNEFT in the amount of 2,778% of the nominal value of the share;
- For ordinary shares of TATNEFT in the amount of 2,778% of the nominal value of the share.
To set December 23, 2017, as the date on which the persons entitled to receive dividends are determined. Dividends shall be paid in cash.