on the results of the Company's activities in 2017
HIGH LEVEL OF HYDROCARBON RESOURCES - ONE of THE COMPANY'S KEY STRATEGIC ADVANTAGES
PROVEN OIL RESERVES
PROVEN HYDROCARBON RESERVES
900,0 million tonnes
of crude oil equivalent
RESERVE REPLACEMENT RATIO
ОTotal net contingent resources of the TATNEFT Group:
- 1C resources: 795,398,000 barrels (oil and condensate) and 189,902 million cubic feet (gas);
- 2C resources: 1,046,870,000 barrels (oil and condensate) and 272,467 million cubic feet (gas);
- 3C resources: 1,972,670,000 barrels (oil and condensate) and 1,091,410 million cubic feet (gas).
- Strengthening the resource base;
- Replenishment of hydrocarbon production by industrial categories;
- Preparation of the raw materials base and effective bringing of reserves into development;
- Maintaining production at mature fields through the use of innovative technological solutions and ensuring planned rates of growth of production with a decrease in specific operational and investment costs.
PROVEN OIL RESERVES OF THE TATNEFT GROUP
RESOURCE POTENTIAL OF THE TATNEFT GROUP
HYDROCARBON RESERVES OF THE TATNEFT GROUP
As of December 31, 2017, the volume of proven oil reserves is 6,172 million barrels or 866.5 million tonnes, according to Miller&Lents, Ltd. Probable oil reserves are 356.8 million tonnes. The proven reserves of hydrocarbons are 900.0 million tonnes o.e.
The License Fund of the TATNEFT Group at the end of 2017 included 87 licenses granting the right to explore and produce mineral resources, the right to geological prospecting, including the survey and evaluation of mineral deposits, exploration and extraction of mineral resources in the Russian Federation.
The potential of hydrocarbon resources includes reserves of bitumen and unconventional oil. Experimental, research, and methodological work is conducted at the Domanic and Bitum scientific testing sites, from exploration to development and exploitation of deposits. Prospects for the production of domanic oil are also determined. The Company considers unconventional reserves as an opportunity to increase production and will develop this class of resource assets as an important element of its portfolio.
The main resource base of TATNEFT is historically located in the Republic of Tatarstan. Most reserves are conventional. Search, exploration, and development of licensed hydrocarbon fields are also conducted in the Republic of Kalmykia, the Orenburg, Samara, and Ulyanovsk Regions, and the Nenets Autonomous District.
The Company’s foreign projects in Libya and Syria are suspended due to the military-political situation in these countries. The situation is monitored with the goal of resuming work after things stabilize, and the safety of the staff can be guaranteed
TECHNOLOGIES FOR PROSPECTING FOR DEPOSITS
To prospect for deposits, a number of new technologies are used in addition to standard ones such as seismic exploration:
- Forecasting of oil-prospecting targets using artificial intelligence
- Selection of prospective targets using field geophysics and geochemistry with the complex probability parameter (CPV) of oil prospecting
- The geochemical method of prospecting for oil and gas deposits using passive adsorption of hydrocarbons
- Low-frequency seismic sounding (LFS)
- GTO LS (geological and geophysical technology to optimize the selection of well-drilling locations)
- EMS (electromagnetic sounding)
- Stratimegic, a new software package for 3D seismic data processing
- The method of NMR tomographic probing was first tested for the detection of reservoirs saturated with super-viscous oils at shallow depths.