The Company recognizes the importance of respect and observance of fundamental human rights enunciated in the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights. As an international company that carries out business projects in countries with different political systems and cultural traditions, Tatneft believes that everyone should have all the rights and freedoms proclaimed therein without any distinction, regardless of race, color, sex, age, language, religion, political or other beliefs, national or social origin, property, birth or other status, including the right to work, the right to a favorable environment, the rights of indigenous small peoples and special groups, etc.
AS REGARDS THE HUMAN RIGHTS, THE COMPANY ADHERES TO THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
- The Company strives to adhere to the basic principles in the field of labor relations and environmental protection proclaimed in the conventions of the UN and the International Labour Organization (ILO).
- The Company does not tolerate any form of oppression or discrimination.
- The Company respects the rights of each employee to collective representation of interests, including through trade unions, without creating any hostile, humiliating or offensive to human dignity atmosphere.
- The Company recognizes and respects the rights of trade unions, including those proclaimed in the ILO core conventions:
- the right of every worker to be represented by a trade union of his/her own choice, and the fundamental trade-union rights relating to freedom of association, and the right to unite workers into trade unions, as well as the right to collective bargaining;
- exclusion of any form of forced or compulsory labor;
- actual exclusion of child labour;
- promoting and ensuring equality of opportunity and treatment of employees, including equal remuneration of women and men for equal work, and non-discrimination in employment.
- The Company assumes obligations with regard to the rights to a favorable environment and safe work and intends to take all available and practical measures to prevent injuries and occupational diseases of personnel and accidents and to reduce their consequences.
- The Company supports the preservation of national and cultural identity of the peoples living in the regions of the Company's activities.
The Company adheres to the principle of consistent continuous improvement of indicators of the impact of ongoing and planned activities, products and services on personnel, population and environment.
Employees of the Company, including services related to personnel management and security activities, are involved in human rights procedures on an ongoing basis and receive appropriate trainings on a regular basis.
Evaluation of the Company's human rights activities is carried out during the analysis of aspects and the preparation of the sustainable development report. Main areas of human rights monitoring:
- observance of legal requirements;
- internal audit in terms of compliance with corporate procedures and standards in different areas of activity;
- carrying out procedures for assessment of the environmental impact of production activities and the effectiveness of measures on industrial safety and health;
- interaction with the Trade Union and control of the execution of the Collective Agreement;
- analysis of feedback, including throygh the hot line.